Saturday, March 2, 2013

Never thought of it that way ...

There's a new medical school starting up in Connecticut. I just heard an ad on NPR from it requesting body donations for the new students' Gross Anatomy lab. Let's for a minute take the viewpoint that this ad was a good idea: attentive audience of generally older people who are well-educated and probably lean towards philanthropy. The counter argument might be: hey, since this is quite likely the first time most listeners have heard of you, maybe establish yourself a bit before you go to the airwaves asking for people's corpses?

Just as I was having this debate in my head, the ad closed with "A great way to save on funeral costs."

How will they study the effectiveness of this ad? I'm guessing a form when you walk in:

How did you decide to donate your body to us? Check all that apply:
  • Heard ad on radio
  • Not feeling well, looking for final resting place
  • Have always wanted to do this and saw building go up recently, thought I'd stop in
  • Other:

2 comments:

  1. Would it absolutely have to be MY body that I'd donate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a recorded prank call in the works here...

    ReplyDelete